HTC One gets Android 4.3 , complete with new features and improvements !
Earlier in the week we reported that HTC were working on a new version of the HTC One with an octa-core processor - fear not , they havn't forgotten owners of their current flagship smartphone. In-fact, the Taiwanese company have just announced that Android 4.3 is now rolling out internationally for the HTC One.
Owners of HTC's smartphone should receive a notification alerting them of the update , assuming they havn't got it already. As always, those with a smartphone locked to a specific network will have to wait for their operator release their own branded version.
As well as a new version of Google Android, HTC One owners will get an update to the HTC Sense 5.0 user-interface. We've documented the new features and improvements brought to the HTC One by Android 4.3 and the improved version of HTC Sense below !
As soon as 3G get news about the availability of the HTC One update on specific UK operators we'll let you know !
HTC One Android 4.3 New Features
- Bluetooth Smart Support - Bringing compatibility with new Bluetooth Low Energy devices
- OpenGL ES 3.0 - Improved graphics and video performance
- Virtual surround sound - Powered by Fraunhofer Cingo
- Enhanced photo daydream - Even better interactive screen-savers
- Improved Keyboard and text input
- Improved Dialpad - Including the addition of auto-complete
- Improved Location Scanning - Now possible using WiFi alone
- Additional language support
HTC Sense 5.0 Improvements
- Improved overall system performance
- Improved camera performance - better colour-contract in low-light conditions
- New battery charging icon when smartphone is turned-off.
- Addition of soundtrack support in video highlights
- A number of unspecified bug fixes
By Kevin Thomas on 26th September, 2013