Sony's Xperia Z looks set to get Android 4.2.2 at the end of the month. What improvements will the new version of Google's operating system bring ?
The Sony Xperia Z is our favourite smartphone in the world right now and is easily Sony's best ever smartphone. The smartphones stunning combination of a 5 inch display, stylish design , power-packed specification and water-proofing is hard to beat !
The smartphone has been attracting a huge amount of attention mainly focused on the Xperia Z's waterproofing feature. At the end of last week we brought you a video of the Xperia Z swimming with Irish synchronised swimmer Daniella Moyles.
Sony's smartphone looks set to get even better because it's expected to be upgraded to a newer version of Android before the end of the month.
Sony Xperia Z Getting Android 4.2.2
The Sony Xperia Z comes pre-loaded with Android 4.1.2 which is the latest version of Android. However, rumours suggest it'll be upgraded to Android 4.2.2 before the end of March.
An anonymous tipster has reported to XperiaBlog that the Android update will land over-the-air in the next couple of weeks. This backs up information reported by a Sony's Product manager who unveiled that Sony's Xperia Z would be upgraded to Android 4.2 shortly after its launch.
What new features will the new version of Android bring ?
Android 4.2.2 will bring a number of new features to Sony's Xperia Z including:
- Action Support in Notifications - The capability to undertake actions from inside the new expandable notifications screen, such as calling back or writing a text.
- Gesture Typing - The on-screen keyboard now supports all-new gesture typing ala Swype.
- Photo Sphere - Take 360 degree photos on your Sony Xperia Z
- Full HDMI mirroring - Show your smartphone on a big display.
- Daydream Mode - New interactive screen-savers
- & Much More
As soon as 3G get more news about the Android 4.2.2 update for the Sony Xperia Z we'll let you know.
By Simon Thomas on 12th March, 2013