LG G3S/Beat is a more affordable and compact version of LG's G3
LG have unveiled the LG G3S, which is a mid-range version of their flagship LG G3.
The smartphone, which is known as the LG G3 Beat in Korea, is a more compact version of the LG G3 with a slightly lower specification. However, the essence of what made the LG G3 so great has been retained, including its Floating Arc metallic design and Laser Autofocus technology.
The LG G3S' 5-inch display (1280*720 pixels) doesn't put in it the compact smartphone category, but it does make it significantly easier to hold than the 5.5-inch LG G3. It still delivers solid mid-range performance thanks to a quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and support for 4G LTE.
The rear-facing 8 mega-pixel snapper comes with Laser Auto Focus technology enabling the smartphone to focus faster and better. You still get the same great camera software including Touch & Shoot and Gesture Shot, along with all the benefits of Android KitKat (4.4.2).
The LG G3 Beat will go on sale in Korea on July 18th and will rollout across Europe in the coming weeks, including in the UK, where it'll be known as the LG G3S. It'll be available in a choice of Black, White or Gold and it's success could hinge on the all-important price, which is still yet to be revealed.
We'll bring you more details of the LG G3S when we get them and we're also already busy working on comparing the LG G3S against the flagship LG G3. Until then you might want to checkout our LG G3 Review.
LG G3S (Beat) Key Specs
- Chipset: Qualcomm®Snapdragon™ 400 processor 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS (1280 x 720, 294ppi)
- Memory: 8GB / 1GB RAM / MicroSD slot
- Camera: Rear 8MP with Laser Auto Focus / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,540mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size: 137.7 x 69.6 x 10.3mm
- Weight: 134 g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/Glonass, NFC, USB 2.0
- Colors: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold
- Other:Touch & Shoot, Smart Keyboard, QuickMemo+, Gesture Shot