Motorola Moto G Gets Android KitKat in the UK
Motorola Moto G joins the KitKat crew
Back at the end of last year we brought you news that Motorola had begun rolling out Android KitKat to their amazing value Moto G. Good news... the Android 4.4.2 update is now available to owners of the smartphone in the UK.
Those with SIM-free versions of Motorola's great value smartphone should have received notification of the updates availability already. You can also check for the update manually in Settings > About Phone > System Updates. Those with versions of the smartphone locked to a specific operator will have to wait a little longer.
After update to the latest version of Android Moto G owners will enjoy all the new features and improvements that the Android KitKat update brings. But you'll also benefit from a number of improvements unique to Android 4.4.2 including:
- Phone dialer improvements - Ability to look up contacts directly, see and tap frequent contacts and search corporate directly easily.
- Gallery improvements - New photo editing options including: new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping and adjustments to colour, exposure, contrast and more.
- Printing improvements - Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, Gmail messages and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services such as Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Hangouts - Added support for integrated SMS/MMS messaging
- Accessories - Added support for Square credit card reader.
The Motorola Moto G is one of the best value smartphones available to buy today and it appeared towards the top of our list of the best Android smartphones. The fact that it also gets Android updates so quickly - due to Motorola being owned by Google - is another great reason to pickup the Moto G.
Interested in the Motorola Moto G?