The Sony Xperia Z Tablet has been officially announced today and Sony say it’s the slimmest 10 inch tablet out there. It’s a long time since Sony launched a tablet, which was in fact, the Tablet S way back in 2011. We can’t really say the Tablet S was any great success but 3G expect the Xperia Z Tablet to be huge a success based on the announcement details.
As you may imagine, the Sony Xperia Z Tablet brings all the great qualities that the Xperia Z smartphone possesses. This is mainly due to its stunning OmniBalance design and the quality of materials used within the build. It is also water resistant which is a very useful feature as its far too easy to spill a drink on a tablet device.
The Xperia Z Tablet weighs only 495 grams and is really thin at only 6.9mm - which Sony claim makes it the slimmest 10 inch tablet currently available. There are two versions available which are the WiFi and the 3G LTE ( 4G ) versions - both of which are available in either black or white.
The processing power for the Sony Xperia Z Tablet comes from its Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro asynchronous quad core processor, it comes with 2GB of RAM, has a 10.1” HD WUXGA touchscreen display, powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, has a 8MP main camera featuring “Exmor R for mobile” and comes with Sony’s S-Force Front Surround 3D and two in-built speakers.
The full specification at the time of announcement for the Sony Xperia Z Tablet is :
- 10.1” HD 1920x1200p WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- S-Force Front Surround 3D
- The world's thinnest design at 6.9 mm and lightweight at 495g for 10.1”
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz asynchronous quad CPUs and 2GB RAM
- One-touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces
- 8 MP rear camera featuring “Exmor R for mobile” and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
- Battery STAMINA mode further improves the standby time
3G will be looking to get hold of the Xperia Z Tablet at the earliest opportunity to complete our Sony Xperia Z Tablet Review.
By Kevin Thomas on 25th February, 2013